English as a Second Language Programs for adults
Calgary Learning Institute offers one of the best ESL experiences for students in Calgary, with a focus on listening and speaking English as well as reading, writing, and grammar. Our graduates are confident with their English skills and are prepared for the workplace.
ALL STUDENTS ARE ACCEPTED at Calgary Learning Institute Ltd., regardless of their English ability. CLI provides English language competency assessment to identify students’ level of English to create an individualized program to meet their needs. Students are then placed into classes according to their language competency assessment.
English, CAEL, ESL, CELPIP, IELTS
- English As A Second Language (ESL) FOR NEW IMMIGRANTS
- English for Workplace Program
- ESL Beginner, Intermediate & Advance
- IELTS for immigration & university requirements
- IELTS General & Academic
- Conversation Classes
- Listening & Speaking
- GED preparation for employment advancement and academic requirements
- Writing and Grammar Classes
- Reading comprehension and spelling skills
- Computer English Programs to help with extra practice
- CELPIP General for immigration – to Permanent Resident status (PR)
- CELPIP General LS for Canadian Citizenship
The Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP-General is an English exam) consists of Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking skills. It is accepted by Canada Immigration as proof of English language proficiency for permanent residency in Canada.
The CELPIP-LS is accepted as proof of English language proficiency for citizenship. The LS exam consists of Speaking and Listening skills.
Click here to book an exam
All students are given an assessment to determine the level of English.
MORNING 10:00 A.M. – 12: 30 A.M.
AFTERNOON 1: 00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M.
EVENING 6: 00 P.M. – 8:00 P.M.
SATURDAY 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M.