Reading to Your Child
1. Try relaxing your family’s bedtime rules once a week on the weekends. Let your children know that they can stay up as late as they want, as long as they are reading in bed.
2. Help your child start a home library; paperback books are fine. Encourage your child to swap books with friends. Check used book stores. Give books as gifts.
3. Parents must let children see you read.
4. Create some uninterrupted reading time with your child/children.
5.. With young children, try reading to them during bath time.
6. Use the “Just Right” rule to choose books to read. (“Just Right Rule”, if there are more than 5 words on a page that the child cannot read and understand then it is too difficult for the child to read)