Testing Rules and Restrictions
1. All personal belongings must be stored in the lockers outside of the Testing Centre
2. Once signed in you are not allowed to access your locker.
3. Test-takers are not permitted to leave the testing area unless it is an emergency
4. No loitering or talking in the Testing Centre or the outside area.
5. Computer time will continue running if you take an unscheduled break.
6. Cheating is strictly prohibited in our centre.
7. No unauthorized items will be allowed in the testing room.
8. All paper, scratch pads, and pencils will be provided.
9. No programmable calculators or watches are allowed in the testing room
10. Cell phones MUST be turned off and placed in the locker.
There are the same rules and procedures for university and college external exams.
CLI Testing Centre is not responsible for lost or stolen belongings.
Procedures for Pearson VUE
1. The testing room will be continuously monitored by video and physical walk-through during the test.
2. Test-takers must present a picture ID card, a valid unexpired government issued ID card and test room authorization form before writing a test. Validity is predetermined by the test sponsor.
3. Test-takers are required to signed to log sheet and digital signature pad before entering the test centre.
4. Tester-takers will be asked to turn their pockets inside out prior to every entry into the test room.
5. Test-takers must return all testing materials
Prometric MCAT (7.5 hours)
The above rules apply but there are additional rules for Prometric test-takers.
1. Test-takers must present a picture valid unexpired government ID card.
2. No watches or electronic devices will be permitted in the testing room.
3. Test-takers are required to sign in and sign out every time they leave the testing room (that includes bathroom breaks)
4. Test-takers will be wand-in before entering the testing room.
Proctoring Tests for Other Institutions
All Test-takers must follow the testing procedures.
Every institution has additional rules to follow for paper-based or computerized testing.
All paper-based tests will be returned the institution within 24-48 hours.
Before you book your exam, you need to:
- Contact your institution and give them our contact information
- They will send the exam and login password to the Centre
After you book your exam you need to:
- Call the Calgary Learning Testing Centre one week in advance to confirm that all test materials have been received and will be ready for you on test day.
- Test-takers must present a picture valid unexpired government ID card
- Lockers with locks are provided for personal belongings
- No food, drinks or electronic devices are permitted while writing a test.
- Please Note: special arrangements are made for students who have a medical condition – please inform us if you need special accommodations.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule you must provide at least 72-hour notice.
CLI is a certified testing site for the following test providers. Please book your exams on the websites of the test providers.