Paper-based or Computer Tests
Before you book your exam, you need to:
- Send us an email at email@example.com to inform us that you need a proctor.
- Once we have accepted to proctor your exam, contact your institution and give them our contact information
- Proctor name and address: Sherma Jeffrey-Ryan, Alberta Certified Teacher, 130, 3025 12 Street NE email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your university will send the exam and login password to the Centre
After you book your exam you need to:
- Call the Calgary Learning Testing Centre one week in advance to confirm that all test materials and password codes have been received and will be ready for you on test day.
- Test-takers must present a picture, valid, unexpired government ID card
- Lockers with locks are provided for personal belongings
- No food, drinks or electronic devices are permitted while writing a test.
- Please Note: special arrangements are made for students who have a medical condition – please inform us if you need special accommodations.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule you must provide at least 72-hour notice.
- All exam materials will be provided
- Pens, pencils will be provided
- Paper will be provided if needed
- Clients can have a non-programmable calculator if needed (specified by the institution)
- All materials will be collected at the end of the exam
- All tests and exams are securely filed and sent to the institution or organization for marking.
- Test-takers will be assigned a seat and logged to a computer
- Proctor will enter the password to begin the exam.
- If the test requires specialized software, the institution or organization needs to inform CLI at least one week before the scheduled test date.
- Test-takers should raise their hand for assistance immediately if there are any problems with the computer stations.
- When the test is complete, test takers should click “finish” or “end’ to submit the test for grading.
Please note that the proctors cannot answer any questions about the contents or questions on tests or exams.
Returning Exams by Mail
- Most institutions provide returned postage, but some of them require the candidate to pay for postage.
- CLI returns most paper exam materials by priority post for security and tracking purposes. (some can be sent in by email, then it will be no extra cost to the client.
- Clients will be given the opportunity to supply their own pre-paid, pre-addressed envelope, or they can use our services. Please confirm pricing with the post office. Please note that clients cannot mail their exam. All exams MUST be mailed from our office.
|Wednesday||10:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||10:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.|
|Friday||10:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||10:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.|
|Sunday & Holidays||CLOSED|
Please read the cancellation policy before you book an exam.
- CLI requires a minimum of 72 hours notice to cancel or reschedule an exam.
- No refund will be issued for missed exams.
- Please note that CLI will deduct administration fee for all exams that were canceled without sufficient notice.
- A full refund will be issued for all medical issues. (must be supported by a physician’s note)
Please pay exam seating fee at least 8 days before the scheduled day of the exam.
Seating Fee $85.00